Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God IS in control

WOW! It has been a while since I have had time to throw my thoughts down... too long!

So much has changed and happened in our lives over the past several months but the constant unchanging thing is that GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! Always!

I have had ups and I have had downs lately but I rest in knowing that God has me close to His heart and that though the winds may rage and the oceans roar He is near and ever faithful. I have learned and gleaned so much over these past several months.

One thing is that I had not realized how much trust and weight I placed in people, in their words, their promises, their titles and positions. God has placed people into our lives to speak to us, love us, and challenge us. However, when we put any human being before God it is idolatry plain and simple. Idolatry is described as the worship of a physical object as God and immoderate attachment or devotion to something. Now many people get this image in their heads when they hear this word:

And although this is true- there are many things we can allow to creep into our daily lives and become idols in our hearts: our children, our work, our pastor(s), friends, television, sports, money, clothes, looking "good", church, and the list could go on.

We all can get lost in our human flaws and become caught up in allowing our relationship with God to grow cold while we feel that we are "doing" all the right things. After all that church service was
"anointed" right? Too many times we can find ourselves going to church every time the doors open but coming home empty and longing. Why? Idolatry.

We aren't making our relationship with the Lord a priority. We are depending on the pastor, the praise team, the multi-media team and the children's ministry to do the work for us that we ourselves should be doing on our own. I am not preaching at you friends, I am in the boat with you. It is our responsibility on a daily basis to build and grow, to protect, and nurture our personal relationship with our Lord and to help encourage our husbands and children to do the same. God has so much more for us than our box and human limitations tell us.


We need to get into His word DAILY, to fall on our knees and share our heart with Him DAILY,  make Him a DAILY part of our lives.

I am so thankful God has given us pastors (I am blessed with the best Pastor), husbands (I have been given one with a heart of gold) , children (they are my sweetest treasures), friends (I wouldn't trade them for anything-ever) and so much more. I cherish everybody God has placed in my life daily BUT it is all for nothing if HE isn't #1 before everything and everybody.

He longs for us to come away with Him and spend a few precious moments with Him. My prayer for you precious friend is that you evaluate your time and ask yourself if He is first.  Matthew 22:37~ Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the first and greatest commandment.



No comments:

Post a Comment