Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sept 2009 This was the begining of our homeschool journey~

When I can't sleep I typicallly journal and recently I thought about blogging but lately I can't find the time So I will jot down a few notes....

As many of our family and friends know my husband and I decided with alot of prayers,tears,and fears it was best for our family to homeschool our kids. Now I am NOT your typical mother, but the things I am most passionate about are my God and my Family! This has been an enormous process and journey for us and not one I or my husband have entered into lightly or without alot of prayer and consideration. I have jumped back and forth but know beyond a shadow of a doubt I was born for this (my husband loves to tell me almost daily). There are many things that have led us down this path and for each family whatever the choice~ it is just that your personal choice. That is the beauty, God will not force anyone to do anything, it has to be our own personal decision. I know that this is the best and the right decision for us. One that has great sacrifice and responsibility attached to it. This has been our first full week of homeschool and although it has been the best week of my life thus far it has also been one full of fear,frustration,joy,passion,destiny, and weariness but I will NOT faint and I will NOT turn back because I know in Whose I am and the One that has ordainded this since before the begining of time will see us through. I could have never imagined my life as it is today - I am truely in AWE- not of myself but of my Creator.

As a parent, I hold my children's lives in my hands (along with my spouse). My purpose is to be the "heart-shaper" of my family. My husband is the Provider and the Protector and I am the Nuturer and the Stability because lets face it ladies if somthing is off kilter with mom then the whole house is out of sync. I have the duty and reponsibility to teach,equip ,and Love my children like no one else in the world can do. I have the ability to build up or to tear down the heart of my children with one look or one word. I am beginning to realize these truths daily as I spend more time with my kids. Sometimes it is the most beautiful thing next to them being born but sadly there are those times when it stings my heart to the core and leaves me breathless. In those painful times, I take the hard lessons and use them to give God the glory and my children act in a realm of resilience and forgiveness I have never before seen(Matt.18:3). Then I can truely see His plan unfolding within our family. The way we were perfectly knitted together, the way God placed us with each other is a love story in itself ~God living,breathing,moving inside of each one of us~to be living stones of His love (1 Peter 2:4-5).
Well, there is no greater love than a man lay down his life for his friends(thank you Jesus).....or a father and mother for their children.

I think my biggest fear was thinking I could never do it that I would surely fail because some many things in my life had been messed up by my own hands. But as God delt with my heart and changed my preception that I can do this (Phil 4:13) and he has already equiped me (Heb 13:20-21) to do this I had to believe it my self and just be obedient to His prompting and call upon my life.

2 Samuel 22: 35 & Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

What these scriptures confirm in me is that whatever I am called by God to be or to do(teach,dance,minister,write,love,honor) He will always give me the ability to follow through and do everything with His excellence pouring out through me!!

There will always be skeptics or people that offer little or no support but as long as we seek and trust God then what people think doesn't really affect what I know God says. There has been some that have supported us full force, some that eventually jumped on board and then some that will never agree but that's ok with us. We are at our GO POINT~NOW and we are LETTING GO, JUMPING OFF, and TRUSTING GOD! We are living in our destiny!

SOME QUOTES:
If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
~ Thomas Edison

Childhood is not preparation for adulthood - it is a part of life.

Cowardice asks the question: is it safe?
Expediency asks the question: is it politic?
Vanity asks the question: is it popular?
But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular - but one must take it because it's right.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.


WE LEARN NOT FOR SCHOOL,
BUT FOR LIFE.

I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
~ Albert Einstein

The greatest enemy of the excellent is the good.

Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful, or to discover something that is true.

The principle goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done.

Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.

You will not reap the fruit of individuality in your children if you clone their education.

Nobody rises to low expectations.

What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge,
not knowledge in pursuit of the child.

Education
is not
the filling
of a pail,
but the lighting
of a fire.

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment